Saturday, March 27, 2010

No more babies in this house.

Cameryn has been talking and wanting a big girl bed for sometime now, and we just keep putting it off. I love that she was still in a crib, unable to get out when she doesn't want to go to bed. I love that I have control as to when she "gets up" in the morning. And, we were hoping she would get into a better grove of falling asleep since taking the paci away. But, we could wait no more.

Cameryn loves Princess Tiana, really any baby or doll that is black. And, she has not wavered in her desire for a Tiana bed. On Friday morning I took her to the fabric store to pick out Tiana fleece and I got her blanket made today. So, that was it for Cameryn. On to a big girl bed, it had to be tonight. I realize that you cannot see the Tiana blanket, it's under there about blanket number 4. She has stayed in her room, but I went up to take a "sleeping" photo of her to add to this post at 10p and of course she is still talking away in there. This is not unusual for her since taking the paci. But, she has stayed in bed! Here's to hoping for the best.



On a side note. Josh and I both really had a hard time taking the crib down. I know that she is ready, and I sat in her room yesterday and took some time to appreciate the crib. I am ready to no longer have a baby, but we love our crib and it's been up in our house for 5 1/2 years. It was the last baby item in our home. An item that meant so much to us to buy. It was such a long emotional journey for us to have a baby. I can still remember sitting at home on bed rest all those weeks/months wanting to go shopping, but to scared to go.

My goal was to sell the crib and mattress at our April 9th garage sale. We will see if we can do it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment