Thursday, April 5, 2012

sick

Last night on the way home from visiting the Easter bunny, Avery was telling us that today they are going to practice a "code red" at school today.  Thinking nothing of it we asked more, and it broke my heart to hear what it was all about.  It is a drill that the kids practice along side fire drills and tornado drills, but it's for intruders the kids say into their school.  As a parent I know them as gunmen or shooter.  It truly made me sick to my stomach to think about the fact that my children have to practice how to "hide" in their school from these intruders.  I am not naive and I realize and accept that we need to teach our children how to be safe, because we never know which school will be the next victim.  But, it still makes me sick.  The thought that this could happen to my babies, scares the life out from me.  My heart aches for the families that have lost a child at school, or elsewhere for that matter.  The kids don't know really anymore than what they need to do, not really any of the whys.  But, I do.  And, it breaks my heart that we actually live in a world where this is a reality. 

I pray each night for the health, safety and happiness of my children.  I could not and cannot image letting my children out of my site without the faith of God in my heart.  Please loving and gracious Father, please protect our children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment