Monday, February 13, 2012

Beginning & End

 The pep rally.  Bo Pelini, Rex Burkhead.
 Cheering the players on as they walk into the stadium.
 Watching warm ups
Josh and I took our first trip together alone since having kids over new year's this year.  We flew down to Florida and spent 3 1/2 days of adult only time!  Florida was beautiful, the weather was gorgeous (all expect the last day with record lows) the drinks were flowing and the company was great!!

My parents meet us at the airport and as always were wonderful tour guides.  My dad is a walking GPS, always has us on time and has the inside goods on the football team!  We didn't have to worry about a thing.  It was great! 

We arrived on New Years Eve, and just hung at the hotel.  I was a wee bit tired after getting up at 3a for our 6a flight.  Let me tell you I was so happy to be in the Eastern time zone.  And, when I say we just hung out at the hotel....I really don't think I have ever been in such a beautiful hotel.  And, HUGE!  And, swarming with football players present and past.  Josh was in heaven. 

Sunday, we headed over to Coco beach, walked on the beach had a wonderful lunch at a sea side restuarant with more yummy drinks.  Then back to Orlando for the pep rally. 

Monday, was Game Day.  Oh yeah, the Capitol One Bowl Game.  The reason we were there.  The day started out cold, for tailgating.  But, of course we pulled thru and by game time it was perfect Florida weather.  As  you can see Josh was again in heaven. 

The huskers lost, but I had a great time.  They served drinks in the stadium!!  The boys could only find the beer trucks, go figure.  But thanks to Norma and her patience dealing with my almost but not quite drunk butt we were able to find the mixed drinks truck!  I actually had a good time just walking around and talking with people.   I carefully paced myself with only one drink per guarter.  We were sitting my parents friends and I didn't want to totally embrass myself or them!

After the game we headed up to The Villages to see my parents house they bought in the spring.  Our last picture is outside there home.  It is very nice.  A beautiful area.  I can see why they want to go back again and again.  Honestly, we are already talking about when we can go again. 

It was a wonderful trip!!  Thank you Dad and Norma, you were wonderful hosts.  Have I mentioned yet how awesome it was???  I want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment