Sunday, October 16, 2011

Arbor Day Farm

Isn't she just so darn cute.  Avery is going up, but I can still see my sweet babe with squeezable cheeks.

floating leaves

walking in the woods

xylophone in an outdoor classroom

listening to nature

smelling nature.  my favorite, pawpaw, anyone know what that is?


apple picking.


Ben really got into the apple picking, climbing ladders, under trees, had to have 3 red, 3 green.


But, by far the favorite was the "hammocks." 


Saturday was another beautiful fall day in Nebraska.  And, it was a by weekend.  A by weekend for everyone not just the football team.  And, I took advantage of it!  I have been wanting to travel down to Nebraska City for years now and hit the apple orchards.  This was our day. 
Arbor Day Farm did not disappoint.  There was so much to do, outdoor classrooms, trails, 50 foot high tree house, greenhouses, hay rack rides, apple orchards, pumpkin patch, corn maze, awesome gift shops and carmel apples! 

The kids could not get enough of these building structures that had fabric draped and tied in various ways.  The kids thought there were hammocks and we had to go back and then back again.  Ben asked to have one in our backyard and I second that!  Cameryn loved to wrap herself up and call herself a banana complete with giggles. 

Ben was very worry about all the bees.  There were bees everywhere (around the food only) and he is very up tight about them as he is the only one of us not to stung....yet.  I am happy to report he came away yet again sting free! 
And, while eating his carmel apple he lost another tooth! 

I was just a wonderful day that I didn't worry about anything other than being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment