Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our last Hoorah

For our last hoorah to summer our family friends joined us at Lake McConaughy.  Once again we had great weather, great food and awesome company!  Here are all the kids, Avery, Lauren, Lindsey, Cameryn, Olivia and Ben.
 Linda found the best beach we have seen all year, and the kids LOVED the sandy cliff.  All day climbing up, sliding down, climbing up, jumping down.  You name it.  We didn't bring any toys down to the beach and not a one complained all day! 
 Everyone skied. Josh
 Dave.
 Scot.
 Linda skied as well, I just didn't get a picture. 
 BFFs, Cameryn and Livvy.
 Scot & Steph are also lake people, their girls LOVED the tube.  Steph and Lindsey.
 Lauren Avery and Avery Teresa.
 Once again our observer.  But, he did ride the tube with Josh.
 Josh and Lauren riding the tube.
 Me and Steph.
 Notice all three Blehm girls are on the tube and only one of ours.  Our other two scardee cats are on the boat.  Livvy is 4 and the tube dare devil, it was adorable how she rode the entire time with her left hand up in fist position ready to change her signal at any second!  Too cute. 
 The adults after a great day on the lake, very red and very tired.

 We are happily surprised on Thursday night before leaving that Dave and Linda were able to come and  join us.  We were not sure as Dave is in the middle of wheat harvest.  But thankfully they were able to come.  They are wonderful hosts.  As I was telling Josh prior to leaving, I felt I could do all it takes to get down to the beach, but I was a little concerned as I am usually only the assistant, not the one in charge.  And, once again I am soooo thankful Linda was there.  She has it down to a T, I am trying to listen and learn but it takes years to master. 

One big thank you to Dave and Linda for a wonderfully awesome weekend.  My love of the lake just continues to grow.

Thank you to Scot, Steph and the girls for coming out.  I know how much you have traveled lately and I really appreciate all your work to come out and join us.  It was great fun!  Good memories for us and our kids. 

Two noteables, not pictured:  Avery lost her fifth tooth while eating smores Saturday night.  And, Ryles got a good size cut/tear while "exploring" Sunday morning.  Josh and Dave ran her into Ogallala to the vet.  Two hours later, she was put under for surgery.  She needed two layers of stiches 10 in each.  Pain meds, antibotics and a head cone and she is good to go!  We still made it home by 4:30p. 

No comments:

Post a Comment