Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1st day of 1st grade




 Half a block away from school was the closest that Ben would allow me to take a picture.  I was not allowed to take pictures in front of the school.  I respect his feelings as, really do I need to continually take his picture.  I have already been told that tomorrow I can walk them into the gym, but no hugging or kissing IN school. 
Ben thoguht it was so interesting that it was his 1st day of 1st grade.  He is a thinker.  All night, I was hearing this interesting fact, that interesting fact.  It was good to hear, after this morning.  When I dropped them off this morning he was crying.  Very studdle, but crying.  He was whipping his tears trying so hard to keep his eyes dry.  The LAST thing he wants to attention on him!  Thankfully, a little guy that he knew from his class last year was also standing by us and they helped each other in. 

Avery on the other hand, was quiet but ok. She also has at least half if not more of her girl scout troop in her class so she knows lots of girls.  But, she was most excited to be in class again with a good friend, Elizabeth.  They held hands as they walked in.  I didn't hear to much from Avery.  By the time I get home she has moved on to play mode.  Must have been good, she could only tell me goods no bads. 

Good luck guys, you started great!  I will continue to pray, talk and help you grow through another year.  Love you my 1st graders.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ben with his tears! I hate that. But, I do love how Avery wore a carhenge shirt on her first day! Grandma & Grandpa must be so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete