Sunday, November 21, 2010

Traditions

This weekend has been a typical November weekend. Cloudy and cold. A perfect time to bake pumpkin bars, pumpkin pies, wrap presents and put up Christmas lights. And, that is just what we did. It didn't start out that way. It was just an open Saturday to get things done. Avery and I had hair cuts in the morning. Then Josh took the kids to the Y pool while I finished up Christmas shopping for my side of the family. Then spent the afternoon/evening baking and hanging lights. I love traditions, but I am not good about follow thru. So, I stopped for a moment while in the kitchen and thought to myself, hopefully, today will be a memory for my children. They don't need to remember what we did, I just want them to remember the warmth and love of family and the season.
And, even after the Husker loss on Saturday evening where the refs totally handled the game to A&M. We are true fans and still cheer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment