Thursday, Oct. 7th my Grandma Marge Mitzel passed away. Even though she lived in Bismarck, ND, and I didn't get to see her nearly as often as I wished. I still felt the shift in my life today as I walked back into my home for the first time since hearing the news. Families grow and change, new ones are born and others physically leave our world. I remember bringing our twins home for the first time after they were born and everything at our home looked different, felt different. Today, I had the same feeling. Our family has shifted. So many, many wonder memories that I owe to my Grandma. I love you, and I find comfort knowing you are in a better place, a peaceful place with Grandpa. Thank you for being my Grandma!

Pat and Marge Mitzel in 1954. She has always been a beautiful woman.
I was raised knowing that nothing is more important than family. Period. And, this came from my Grandma among others. I grew up hearing stories our/her family, and I am still fascinated by them all! I only hope that I can instill the same values in my own children.
Grandma with the great grandkids in Aug. 2008.
Grandma with her grandchildren in 2008.



This is a beautiful tribute Tami. She sounds like a sweet, amazing woman :)
ReplyDeleteTami, this is such a nice post. I love your idea of those life-shifting moments. We are thinking of all of you!
ReplyDelete