Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Funeral

The good with the bad. The good, I got to see family at my grandma's funeral. Here is my Auntie Diane, my Mom's sister with Avery, Cassie, Ella and Cameryn.


The kids were so well behaved the entire day. During the funeral, luncheon, burial and the hours playing at my grandma's house as all us adults talked. Here they are keeping busy, doing I don't know what?




I love this picture. The girls running and playing with the hearse in the background. Without my grandma we/they would not be here. And, seeing my parents/grandparents in my children is true joy.
My Aunt Diane sent these balloons for the funeral. Blue was my grandma's favorite color. After the funeral my aunt Karen had all the kids take a balloon, say a prayer and send it up to grandma. They loved it.





Ben ran to follow them. (Side note: we saw a video of my Dad as a young child and it blew me away how much Ben looks like him. It stopped me in my tracks. I always knew he got his good looks from my family! :)



We all got our flower from the bouquet and threw it in the ground with my grandma. You can see my grandpa's headstone in the picture. My grandma's name will be on the back of the same stone. I love that. And, I love knowing they are together again dancing.


Memories.
Warm house in cold winters,
the long hugs,
how she would cry every time she saw my Dad, sister and me for years after my Mom passed, knoephla soup,
scrambled eggs with venison and mushrooms,
molasses sugar cookies,
pumpkin bars,
chocolate cookies,
meatballs,(really the best cook ever!)
tiny green tea set,
afghans,
quilts,
dolls,
steep drive way,
playing in the warm summer rain as it collected in the slope of her backyard,
collector,
precious moments,
Yahtzee,
long family talks around the dining room table,
family history....love of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment