Monday, August 16, 2010

The last few things

I am very thankful to have had Friday and today off of work to get in a few last things before school starts on Wednesday. Friday, we spent most of morning at the twins eye checks. They had the full exam, and I must admit, they rocked it! I was impressed at how they just rattled off all the answers to the questions. Ben explained things with left and rights better than I even know them! Proud moment for me. One thing that I find funny about myself. My entire family wears glasses, my sister got bottle caps at the age of 5! Josh wears glasses, actually has very poor eyes. But, it never dawned on me that my kids might need glasses! And, thankfully, they do not. Not this year anyway. Ben takes after me and he has good vision. Avery, I fear will follow her Daddy. She doesn't need glasses this year, but he wants to see her again next year and she has astigmatism in both eyes. She told me that she does not want glasses. I told her she doesn't need to worry about that yet. We will see how long that will last.

Tonight was open house at school. The kids' school continues to impress me. The principal greeted us at the door and is so kind. Their teachers are so nice and the rooms are very colorful and filled with lots of cool stuff! Books, rocking chairs, kitchen center, art center, reading center, small stage, their own bathrooms. Very fun. The kids each have their own room, own teacher but they share a double classroom. So, they will be able to see each other. I feel for those teachers, there is an Avery in Ben's class and a Ben in Avery's class. Lots of Bens and lots of Averys. Should be interesting. Tonights report: Avery very clingy, not really into looking around or doing anything. Ben was interested in learning how things worked. Once we started telling him this is where you will hang your bag, or this is how you tell your teacher what lunch you want he got into it.






Of course we have to hit the playground!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, such big steps. Good luck mama. I love Ben's spikey hair btw!

    ReplyDelete