Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Proud to be a Mitzel

My grandparents, Pat and Marge Mitzel were/are very talented people. My grandfather was a very skilled craftsman. He could built you anything out of wood and it was beautiful! I am fortunate to have a cedar chest that he built for me. The cedar chest is very special to me as this is the only piece that he made for me before he passed away in 2001.

This picture is obviously from my wedding in June 2000, me with Grandma and Grandpa Mitzel as I called them growing up.
My grandma Marge is also very talented. She has made me a beautiful afghan, tea towels and a quilt. I cherish them very much. One of my grandma's hobbies/loves is dolls, really nice dolls.

My grandpa made her this beautiful cradle for her dolls many years ago. I have grown up knowing how important my grandma's dolls were to her, so when my Dad surprised me and Cameryn with this extra special gift I was touched to say the least. My grandma has watched Cameryn's love of dolls and wanted her to have her special cradle and doll. This means so much to me, I cannot really put it into words. But, it warms my heart. Even though I grew up many miles from my family, I was raised with a very strong sense of family and pride in our history. I love my grandparents dearly. I miss my grandpa and wish I could see my grandma more. Thank you for this unbelievably awesome gift, Grandma! Love, Tami and Cameryn.


The doll goes everywhere with her. Cameryn sleeps with her, plays with her and after putting an extra carseat in the car for Garrett this past weekend, it know rides with us in the car! The doll is so real looking that I do worry someone is going to call me in for child abuse as the doll stays in the car when we go into stores.

Grandma, thank you for trusting us to take care of your doll. Believe me she is probably getting more attention that she wants!

1 comment: