Thursday, May 13, 2010

Last Day of Preschool

I surprise myself that I do not feel the need to take a picture of everything anymore. And, yesterday was an example. Yesterday was the last day of preschool for Avery and Benjamin. An uneventful day, cold, rainy really didn't feel like spring let alone summer. I took the kids out to lunch at Burger King, and they got to watch a movie. As always they were unemotional about the whole thing. Not upset or overly happy. But, little Avery is really excited about Kindergarten!

A few pictures from their very first day of preschool, 3 years old. They look just like babies!




It amazes me how quickly the past three years have gone by. It feels like just yesterday I was nine months pregnant with Cameryn and Josh and I were walking them into school. They cried, oh boy did they cry. And, they continued to cry everyday at drop off until about March! Miss Katilyn was so good with them, she would pick them up and comfort her.

They have really come a long way since that August in 2007. And, I have seen the biggest change this past year. Even though they would still hold hands when I drop them off, they actually talk about other kids this year. They have both developed their own group of friends. Avery's crew is Amberylyn, Piper and Gracie. Ben's group is Zack, Evan and Grant. They sit by other kids at snack time and play with others at center time. A big change for Ben that I have noticed is that last year about Feb/Mar Ben would say that he didn't want to go to school in the mornings and I would of course make him go. But, not once this year has he said he didn't want to go to school. (Of course, he still smiles when there is no school.) And, he actually said that he was sad yesterday that it was the last day.

But, they will be back for one week in June as they are going to attend a week of summer school at Good Shepherd.


No comments:

Post a Comment