The twins preschool closed most of last week due to all the H1N1 cases. So, I took advantage of having a Friday morning free and took the kids to their favorite place! The open play time at a local gymnastics gym.
Friday evening we meet Dave, my brother in law, for dinner with Ella and Garrett. We were lucky enough to have Ella and Garrett stay with us for their first sleep over without Mom and Dad or Cassie! Tanya had taken Cassie to Chicago to celebrate her 10th birthday so I wanted to do something fun for Ella. So, I took Avery and Ella for pedicures! I found a spa that has two little panda chairs especially for the girls, soaking tubs, massages and DVD's included.
The boys didn't really know what to think about this at first. They just laid there not saying a word. Where as in the girls' room it was all giggles and chatting. But, it didn't take long for the boys to warm up. And, what better way to settle down for bed than to jump off the bed! As you can see the boys did finally asleep.
I had to include Ella's crazy hat!
We had a fun Saturday. My Dad, Norma, Josh and Angie got up and headed downtown to the football game. I took the kids, all 5 to the Children's Museum in the morning to play before heading up to Gretna to meet Dave again for lunch. We got back home around 2p, just in time to watch the horrible finish to the husker game.
My parents stayed and took us all out to dinner and then I headed into work to finish up the night. It was one long day and I was tired to say the least. But, I was having a conversation with a co-worker this morning and I was reminded how blessed I am to have such a busy life filled with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment