Josh and I have just finished up a crazy fun week. Last Friday Josh and I headed down to Kansas City to join my Dad at the Kansas Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup race. My Dad has been a big fan of NASCAR for years, so I have grown up watching races on TV and making fun of him for it. Well, I have finally admitted that it might be kind of fun. I have hit the age where you start to think back on things from your childhood and want that connection again. I remember being woken up many, many Saturday mornings to my Dad revving up one of his corvettes or other numerous cars engines. So, cars are in my blood, I love them.
Josh went with my Dad on Saturday to a race, while I hit the Plaza to shop. Then Sunday morning bright and early at 7a.m. we all headed out to tailgate before the 1:30p race. We had passes to go down into the Pit and that was really neat. We were able to watch all the cars as they were going through inspection. We also saw drivers close up and walked through victory lane. It was awesome, I loved it, a real rush. Thank you for a great time Dad!
Josh and I next to the 1952 champion, a real Hudson Hornet! For all you Lighting McQueen fans.
This videos are backwards. The one on the bottom is the start of the race, you can see the white pace car pull off and then the cars come around the curve and hit the gas! You see the cars then you hear them! I took this video for Benjamin and truly it cannot do justice to the sound. It was a real rush! Cannot wait to do it again (hint, hint!)
Oh, one last thing. Before the National Anthem, a pastor lead the entire crowd of thousands in a prayer. Very cool, wish they did that at more sporting events.
No comments:
Post a Comment