Saturday, September 26, 2009

300th Sellout

Big day in Lincoln. The 300th consecutive sellout football game for Memorial Stadium. I'm not a die hard fan by any means, but I enjoy it, and this really is cool. Week after week since 1962 thousands and thousands of husker fans have been selling out Memorial stadium to cheer on our team. The good the bad and the ugly ones.
So, even I had to get in on this one. Uncle Ryan and Grandpa Dave came down to Lincoln Thursday night. Grandma Linda and Aunt Sue came down Friday night. And, Uncle Joey drove down today! We went downtown for lunch and meet up with all kinds of friends and family, including my Dad and Norma. I kind of feel bad that I didn't let Cameryn go home and nap, but she was a trooper as they all were. And, we had a really good day. It was fun to see so many people and visit with them.

Cameryn and Grandma Norma.


Grandpa Dave and Avery.


Stephanie Blehm and Tami
Benjamin is an awesome big brother. He held Cameryn's hand for me all the way back to the car today. I finally took the kids home as everyone else was leaving for the game. So, there I was walking with all the crowds to the game with the three kids. Avery was crying because she missed Daddy, (can't blame her, I was exhausted too!) but I was holding her hand. Ben was holding my other hand and holding on tight to Cameryn's. I cannot imagine how we looked taking up the entire sidewalk as people were trying to get to the game. Thankfully, everyone was very kind and really got a kick out of Ben and Cameryn. Husker fans really are the greatest fans in the world!
Yes, she really was this tired. 10pm bedtime last night, no nap today. Mommy was being selfish and having fun. Thanks for being so good, Avery, Benjamin and Cameryn! You made me proud today.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun, busy weekend! I was also going to comment on your cute haircut, Tami... but I guess my big sister beat me to it. But it does look great!

    ReplyDelete