One of the kids favorite things to do in Alliance is to go and feed the ducks. Cameryn especially loved it as she is obsessed with ducks right now...? She also loved bossing them around. She would yell at the ducks to come here, ducky, come here. That little pistol is about as cute as we can handle!
This is what we did on Wednesday morning, feed the ducks and then played at the park. Then it got fun...Linda and I took the kids to lunch at McDonald's so they could play on the play set. As I was setting up the lunch on the table, the kids were climbing up the structure and sliding down the slide. Avery comes out of the slide and slowly starts to cry. The cry is building and building and she comes over to me pointing to her head. Thankfully, a bumblebee was caught in her hair. So, I knew that she got stung by a bee. I checked out her head and watched it carefully to make sure she wasn't having a reaction. She calmed down, but we did have to force her to eat two chicken nuggets.
When we got home, getting ready for nap/quiet time, Avery started to throw up. And, man did she throw up, every 15 minutes or so. She tried to rest, but she just kept pucking. No other symptoms. But, we did call the doctor just in case it was from the sting and they wanted to see her. I took her in and the doctor was very nice. But, poor Avery was very sick, got sick in the waiting area, and just looked so sad sitting on the exam table. The doc came in looked her over and said it was the flu. Good news and bad I guess. But, then they gave her a shot in the leg to help stop her from pucking, and it was a miracle!! By the time we got back to Grandma/Grandpa's she was a new girl. Running, playing, it was unbelievable. I have never seen or heard of such a shot. It was amazing. I was expecting it to wear off after 6 hours and then back to feeling sick. But, no. I keep meaning to call back up to the hospital and see exactly what they gave her because it was a God send.
So, that was Wednesday. More crazy to come from our week in Alliance. Crazy but good!
No comments:
Post a Comment