Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Ella!

Ok, sometimes my ideas get away from me.  I was thinking earlier this week, it's summer and we don't have anything going on all week, my niece's birthday is on Thursday, let's head up to Omaha on Thursday morning and surprise her.  I was raised by a wonderful mother who always made our birthdays a big deal no matter how little she had to work with.  

So, I call my sister and see what they have going on, and there it is, I would have to be up in Omaha with kids by 8:30a.  I would have to leave my house by 7:30!  So, way to early for me to be up, organized and driving.  But, anything for a niece/or nephew right.....

Happy Birthday Ella!!


The kids and I make it to Omaha at 8:35a.  We ring the doorbell, Avery holding a bouquet of crazy daiseys and Ben holding a "Happy Birthday Ella" sign.  Cassie sees us first, then Ella and they are looking at us, totally confused.  Just kindof staring at us, Cassie gets it first, and then Ella gets and a big smile comes across her face.  

Ella and Garrett stayed home and hung out with us, as Tanya took Cassie to swim practice.  We had fun, riding bikes, tikes, watering flowers and reading books.






Well that was fun, but on to the backyard.  



Then the real fun started, Ella's birthday gift arrived!!  A full size trampoline.  It didn't take but 20 minutes for the guys to get it set up and then there they went....

We did have to set up some serious rules since the pads and net are not up yet.  But, they still had a great time.   Thanks for this morning guys, we love you.




 Cameryn preferred the smaller trampoline.




1 comment:

  1. You win the "Fun Aunt" award! We're so glad you came up--we should trade back and forth every week. Like, I come to Lincoln, then you come to Omaha...get it? Are you with my vision?

    ReplyDelete