Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tonight, this sweet little girl asked me how do you get pregnant?  We were all in the car on the way to track, so I asked her if we could talk about it tonight, thankfully she agreed without the usual Avery agrument.  And, yes, she reminded me at bedtime.  I tried to give her the Mom/Dad/God answer but that did not cut it anymore.  So, I told her the truth, even though it was harder than I ever thought it would be.  I always loved the fact that my mom was open and honest with me and I really want to pass that along to my kids.  I just didn't realize it's not as easy as it seems.  Continuly humbled by parenthood.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you handled it great, Tami. Thanks for the heads up that this convo is happening WAY sooner than I thought, these days. :)

    ReplyDelete