After many months of planning and preparation, call, emails, etc. We pulled off the big surprise for my wonderful in-laws, Dave and Linda! What surprise you say, I think they were thinking the same thing as they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary almost 5 months ago.
The kids and I made a banner for them during the day(in hopes of giving them a clue as to what was going on). You can see which kids hung in the longest.Ocken's in training...bellying up to the bar.
The kids were allowed to stay long enough to yell, "Happy Anniversary, " and eat cake. Then they were taken home to the babysitter. This was not a kid party!
We had a wonderful party room at Lazlos, complete with our own buffett, slide show (thank you Linda Vencil) and most importantly bar.
I will admit, it was hard from time to time having them think we didn't recongize or knowledge how amazing 40 years of marriage really is. But, please know Dave and Linda we think you both are amazing! An excellent example for our marriages.
My only regret of the party, that I didn't think to walk around and take candids of everyone celebrating Dave and Linda. It was a wonderful party.
No comments:
Post a Comment