Saturday, June 11, 2011

Avery's week

Avery has had a full week. We all enjoyed the 98 degree weather on Monday and hung out at the pool all afternoon. Finaly, reached the no nap afternoons!

Tuesday was track, the girls had a great night.

Wednesday afternoon Avery had an appointment with the dermotologist. She has had a mole on her forehead for a couple of years now. We had it checked 2 years ago and we have been watching it. It has grown and changed greatly this spring, so off we went on Wednesday. As I thought, they had to remove it. I was, still am incredibly proud of how well she handled it all. Of course the doc gave me the choice to take it off or not, I don't want to risk it so off it went. I could tell that Avery looked at me with fear. I told her that I would stay right next to her and she could hold my hand. The only part she felt was the shot to numb the area. She looked at me with fear and I told her to squeeze my hand. For all the complaining I do about her whinning, her stubbornness paid off. She was so brave, did everything the doc asked of her. Still so proud. We will get the results of the tests in a few weeks. I'm sure all is ok.

Friday, she also had an eye appointment. Her vision was borderline last year and I thought for sure she would need glasses. But, thankfully for all her trying to trick the doc she is ok for another year.

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic of Avery! Definitely a framer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she made it through the procedure ok- and mom too! I think she looks a lot like you in this pic :) very sweet!

    ReplyDelete