And do you see the embrassment on Ben's face. He does NOT like me anywhere near at school. It's hard to not take it personally, but I really don't. I wanted a picture of the kids in front of the school but a block away was as good as I could get for the picture anyway.

Avery, on the other hand is always asking me to walk up. I typically cannot as I need to get to work. So, today I make the special effort. Ben was mortified and Avery was excited. The front of the school, NOT under the porch was the half and half, the compromise. That's the name of the game twins.

I must say, yesterday when I dropped the kids off and watched them walk up together. Tears came. I just sat there and watched them go. I saw the end of this chapter of my life staying home with the kids. I will be back full time at Tabitha by July. I will continue to get the privelage of being able to take them to school, but Josh will pick them up. My thoughts were as scattered as warm May days when the kids and I would just "sit" in the green grass in our old backyard as they were to young to crawl yet. The warm sun, Ben's bug shirt, Avery is sweet little hats. The trips to the zoo, with baby Cameryn in tow. Dropping them off at preschool, the teachers having to take them from my arms as they were both crying. Other PreK morning racing home after drop off to sneak in a quick nap after an all nighter with baby Cameryn. All the exhausting days trying so hard to make things so good for the kids,
and they will not even remember that I was ever a "stay at home" mom.
I am ready to go back. I love Tabitha, the people, the job. And, the kids had a great year, they love school as well. I am not saying that I want to go back, but I am sure all moms long for their babies every now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment