Friday, February 18, 2011

Mitzel confirmation

One year
18 months.

Yep. Confirmation today that Ben is a Mitzel. I believe most people know that I struggle to get Ben to talk to me/us. It's on going struggle in our house. How forceful to be, how much to back off, etc.

I have today off and thought it would be fun to take the kids lunch at school. All I could get out of Ben is that he didn't want me to, but of course Avery was super excited. How could bring one kid lunch and not the other? I finally told Avery and Ben that they had to work it out and come up with a plan that they were both happy with. Thankfully, Avery knows the lunch routine and they got it all worked out. (One problem with my discussion with Ben is that I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me with lunch tables, and the do's and dont's)

When I came back to Ben a little later he told me, "Mom, I am just not a talker." That made me laugh, and confirmed that yep, you are a Mitzel. Ben has always looked like my Dad. I so wish I had his one year old picture to go beside Ben's as they look the most alike in their one year old pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment