Friday, February 4, 2011

The big 100.

Today was finally the big 100th day of school! Avery and Ben have been counting the days since well, day 1. The 100th day was suppose to be on Wednesday but with two snow days this week it got pushed back to today. They both had to take 100 items to school to count. Avery took 100 polly pockets and Ben took 100 puzzle pieces. They got to spend time with their 4th grade buddy, visit the 3rd grade baby chicks and go around to all the other kindergarten classes to see what everyone brought for their 100 collections.
They topped it off with bringing home awesome report cards! Both the kids have improved in a number of areas, moving up from 3's=meets expectations to 4's=exceeds expectations. We are so very proud!


Ben started out his morning by bringing me one of his teeth in his hand. The first top one to go. Both of his top front two are loose, but Avery's are more so. Honestly I thought that Avery would lose one first as her front two teeth are way more wiggly. But, the other night during bath time I hear that Avery really knocked into Ben right in the mouth and so there goes the tooth.

I will admit, I was not looking forward to the top teeth falling out. To me it really changes how they look, it looks awkward, messy they are just not even my little kiddos anymore. He is 6 1/2 years old and weird to think his teeth coming in will be there as an adult. I am trying to enjoy this for him and I know that the second one will come out soon enough and he will really look different then!



No comments:

Post a Comment