Friday, August 27, 2010

Full week

Avery and Ben have finished their first full week of regular classes. 9:00a-3:38p, everyday. And, to our surprise they did really well. Of course by Thursday they were getting tired, but nothing to out of the norm....yet. So, here is all the work they have brought home this week. Of course, I am proud of all their work, they are doing great. But come on what am I suppose to do with it all. How do you know what to keep and what to toss?

Avery doesn't say much. She is making a some friends, Taryn and Rachel are who we hear about. She loves computer, music and art. Her and I were in the car the other day and she sang me the funniest add on song that she learned in music something about Mommies going yum yum and Daddies being P U. She wants to be independent. She just wants me to drop her off at the sidewalk and let her walk in by herself. I am not ready for that. I told her that she needs to show me that she can walk in and show me where she needs to be first. (All the kids line up in the gym by their teachers sign until the bell rings.) So, little miss independent was walking into the school on Wednesday morning. She got 10 feet into the building and must have looked lost. A lady asked Avery if she could help and who her teacher was. Avery froze, looked up at me and said, "I don't remember." Then little Cameryn without skipping a beat replies loud and clear to the lady, "Mrs. Gable." Avery got schooled by a 2 year old. So, I am still walking them in with Avery insisting she is ready.

Ben is doing well too. He insists on peanut butter/jelly sandwich everyday with grapes, cheese stick, oreos and juice box. Part of me would like some variety, but hey he is eating and that's all I can hope for at this point. Although he doesn't say as much about other kids he seems to enjoy his table mates, Noah and Dylan. He says they like to giggle with each other. We have also heard about an Ashton and Eswar during lunch. He continues to love P.E. and computers. He is also learning the school rules well. It's never ok to be hurtful, and it's always ok to be kind to name one. I hear that he cut his knee at recess on Wednesday and went into the nurse for a band-aid. Must not have been a big deal as he didn't tell me after school, but told Josh later in the day. Ben is usually the one ready to talk after school, where Avery likes her catch up time with Cameryn.
And, here is Mommy's homework. I got an email last night from Avery's teacher asking if I would help put math workbooks together. Of course I agreed after she mentioned in her email "how sweet and well-mannered" Avery is. I got to cut, collate, staple and label all their books.

I find two things funny. That on Friday I received a similar email from Ben's teacher, so that is why there are two stacks in this picture. I got to do the same thing for Ben's class. The other thing is that I am doing stuff for school that I am needing to find volunteers to do for me at church.

But, I do like getting to see the class list, learn some of the kids names, and see what the kids will be working on. Avery's workbook is counting and Ben's is measuring. I must say, looks like challenging stuff to me. But, really what do I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment