Today was the big day. First day of Kindergarten for Avery and Benjamin. They did great!
I was very emotional Tuesday night, but they didn't skip a beat. They went to bed great, slept good and I didn't even have to wake them this morning. We had a nice smooth morning. And, I arranged a sitter for Cameryn so that I could focus on the twins for drop off.

Could his backpack be any bigger! I am assuming that they really don't fill it to full this year, as it may knock him backwards.

And, I was so proud of Avery picking out a backpack that was not princesses or
icarly. This one may last a few years.

With one of our favorite sitter here, I was able to get a rare picture with me in it!
We arrive at school. I park a few blocks away and we walk up together. Ben had some pretty heavy feet, but no tears. As we were walking up all the teachers were outside holding a sign with a balloon. We found Avery's teacher and I pointed her out to Avery. Then I found Ben's teacher and pointed her out to him. I turned to talk to Avery and when I turned around again Ben was GONE! It scared me until I found him right here...next to his teacher, and there he stayed. He is my little rule follower. This is his teacher. Mrs. Olsen.

And, there they go....

Josh had the privilege of picking them up from school. But, I get a good report. They both rated the day as great! I only heard two stories, that two boys said they didn't like Ben's coloring sheet, so he went and told the teacher. And, that Ben didn't get to eat his lunch because he couldn't get the containers open. My heart breaks every time I think of this. My poor little guy sitting in the big lunch room filled with kids not eating. Politely sitting there not saying a thing. He said there were no adults around to ask for help. How knows. And, I tested this very morning that he could indeed open his containers. Nerves must have gotten the best of him.
Avery's favorite part: recess
Ben's favorite part: P.E.
I cannot believe this is where we are with these kiddos! Aren't they too little for this? I mean, REALLY! My heart also breaks for little Ben. As far as those two little bratty boys go, Joey has a few choice words for them! :)
ReplyDelete