5/14/2011: Looking back at the pictures from Cameryn's preschool program, I caught Cameryn peaking up from her prayer time. This so reminds me of a picture of my mom as a child. If Cameryn turns out to be as good of a Chrisitan as my mom did I will be a proud mama!
2/7/2011: First thing out of Cameryn's mouth this morning right after waking up, "Why didn't you make my bed too? You made all the other beds!" This was not in a happy voice. I tried to explain to her that she was still IN her bed when I made up the others. Admittedly a few minutes later Cameryn says to me, "Mommy, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed." It was a Monday morning for a few of us today.
5/16/10: A rainy night tonight so we watched a movie. The lights were out and it was dark. Cameryn and Ben were on my lap and Cameryn had a Dora backpack filled with plastic Easter egg. She was goofy around with the eggs and out of the blue she says, "Avery will you turn the lights on so that I can see my eggs?" The randomness made Josh and I laugh and laugh. Then I got in trouble as Cameyrn said, "Don't laugh at me." Well Cameryn dear, quit being funny!
4/14/10: To not let Josh down, I will post this tidbit. Last night at the dinner table I was telling Josh about how quiet time went. I shared with him that Cameryn pooped in her pull-up, so of course there was no sleeping. As Cameryn was looking at me listening to the story she ever so gently let me finish and then said, "that happens." What do you do but laugh.
Our garage door does not like the cold weather. It doesn't shut most days. Today as we were pulling out of the garage and driving away, I heard Cameryn say, "Ooooh that garage door." I guess she has heard me say that a time or two!
During our 7 hour drive out to Alliance for Thanksgiving last Wednesday night our little Cameryn had a tough time. She traveled well until 10p, then it was down hill. She fights going to sleep and was asking for everything, songs, books, toys, etc. She got so gitty about 10:45 that she actually started to giggle at herself as she said, "oh, Cameryn."
This morning Cameryn and I were at the Nebraska Bookstore and she had to play with a teddy bear they had there. We then had to go potty and of course the bear had to go too. We are in the bathroom with other people and Cameryn asks me very loudly, "were is the teddy bears penis?" If you know Cameryn she will continue to ask until you answer. I think she only asked me 4 times before she accepted my answer that the bear must be a girl!
Trick or treating last night Cameryn was getting tired and in typical Cameryn style threw her entire self onto the grass in a neighbor's yard. The neighbor looked out at her and said, "Oh, how cute, it looks like she is hacking."
For the past month or so Cameryn has been telling us about her "pirates" and showing us her belly. For the life of all four of us we had no idea why this little girl was telling and showing us her "pirates." Finally, the other day Avery and Cameryn were in the bath. I was doing my regular routine talk about our privates (you know, boobies) And, Cameryn stands up in the bath, points to her boobies and says, "pirates!"
Our 13 year old chocolate lab, Snickers is no longer allowed in the house as she has lost control of her bladder.
This morning as I am leaving the house with all three kids. We open the garage door and walk down the garage stairs. Snickers gets up to walk outside and leaves a big puddle! Of course, all the kids need to point it out to me, and little Cameryn says to me, "Mommy, Snickers need diaper!" Smart little shit.
The Mind of a Five year old.
2/25/10: As we were driving home last night from Omaha, Josh and I got the biggest kick out of listening to Avery and Benjamin sing all their preschool songs in unison.
2/3/10: The kids and I were talking today about how Grandma Norma has a GPS in her car. Avery told me that I need to get one in my car. First I asked if I get lost a lot and she said no. I tell her that I don't need one because it's all up in the head. Ben tells me that Dr. Phil doesn't need one in his car because he knows everything! Do you think I watch to much Dr. Phil?
Yesterday morning I took the kids to the park, and while at lunch I asked Avery if she had fun. She answered, "Yea, sure."
This morning Avery asked me what we are doing today, and I told her that we have to pack and then head over to Grandpa Tim's house. Avery then turns to Ben and says, Ben would you like to go to Grandpa Tim's today. Ben answered, "Of course!" Like duh, Avery, who doesn't like to go to their Grandparents house.
Reading through all the other garage sales this weekend, I noticed that one was selling a piano. I have seen Avery love my sister's piano, so I ask her, "Avery would you like to take piano lessons?" To which she relies, "Sure, Mommy, but only if the piano is sparkley!"
Ben and I were the only two up the other day in the morning, and I am getting ready for the day. Out of the blue, Ben asks me, "Mommy why does everyone smell differently?" I just had to laugh. As I didn't think he was quite ready for the scientific answer.
I have been married for 13 years to my husband Josh. We have three beautiful children, 9 year old twins, Avery and Benjamin, and a 6 year old little girl, Cameryn. They are my joy and focus in life.
I am also a full time working mom. I have the joy of working for Tabitha Health Care Services as a Recruiter.
Go Avery!!
ReplyDeleteyes it really was! at the begening of the week she wasnt really up to it!! but then when she saw katie with her hand up, up hers went too!!
ReplyDelete~raeann