Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An absolutely wonderful weekend!

As Jodi reminded me, for the first time in 4 years we were in Lincoln for Memorial Day weekend. And, it was wonderful. Lots of family, good weather, water slides, pools, good food and drinks, how can you go wrong?


Annabelle and Cameryn having a "slumber" party on the trampoline.


Ben LOVES his cousin Asher. Can you believe that Jodi and I did not plan this, but both boys have the same pjs.


Sunday was the proudest day of my life as a mother. Avery had her dance recital. She danced to "A You're Adorable." And, she rocked it! I was a little nervous as she had not once practiced for me at home. When we participated in the Good Hart tour she was to busy looking at all the other girls to dance. Dress rehearsal Saturday morning she looked terrified, and was to busy looking for me to dance. But, I showed her where we were going to sit. Talked to her quite a bit about how she will not be able to see us, but we can see her. She came out and hit the first move and just keep on going. I was so excited for her, it was her best performance!

Cassie and Ella have been dancing for 6 years, so they were so excited to come backstage with me to get Avery.


Our little star.


What a lucky little girl. The whole family came to support her first recital.


Monday, Memorial Day. All of our company had left by 10a. And, I always struggle a little with the let down of everyone leaving. We had such a fun weekend, it was sad to see it end. Thank you all for coming, I feel so blessed, and it warms my heart still.

I am thankful that Josh pushed me into making the trip out to Grand Island to visit my mother's grave. This is something that we talk about doing, but have been waiting for the kids to get older. This year felt like the right time as we were in town, and we talk about my mom a lot. So, we packed up and headed to GI. It was a beautiful day, and the kids were really interested.

Here is Cameryn adding her flower to the bouquet.



The dance number right before Avery's was to Ave Maria. This was one of my mother's favorite songs. It is still difficult for me to hear this song without crying. And, I knew as I was sitting there on Sunday, this was my mom letting me know she was with me. Avery's proud Grandma with the best seat in the house.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. Very touching words about your Mom, brought tears and lots of memories. She was a very special lady, and you remind me of her more and more as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. avery is such a cutie! im super glad to hear she did good in the recital! ave maria was one of my aunts favorite songs to we had pastor rhonda sing it at a funeral a few weeks ago..and she was amazing as always, you have such great pictures on here! and if you ever need a sitter again i would love to i loved having camryn and avery in my vbs group and love watching them, and ben!!
    -Raeann Bronder

    ReplyDelete