Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

Easter in Alliance. Always a relaxing and fun few days. Saturday was spent shopping, playing at the park, and dying easter eggs.

Sunday morning, we did baskets before church. Then off to church for an hour and 20 minutes! I was so proud of the kids, they did great. And, Avery was super excited because she got communion for the first time!! No, not the plan. No harm done, Mommy learned a lesson.

We came home and Aunt Mary Anne, Uncle Fritz, Great Grandpa Ed, Mike, Julie, Kylie and Katie where there. We did an egg hunt for the kids and then had a wonderful meal that Grandma Linda prepared. The kids spent the day playing until bed time. All the kids got along great! So fun to watch them play with cousins. Thank you Dave and Linda for another wonderful holiday! We really enjoyed it.


Avery really took to dying eggs this year. She way outlasted the other two.

Many hours spend on the track this weekend also.


Grandma and Grandpa gave the kids new electric toothbrushes. They LOVE them!


An Ocken tradition is to get the kids a swimsuit in their Easter basket. I love this tradition. Thank you Dave and Linda for continuing it with my kids. Here are the girls trying their new suits on.


I love that Cameryn is fixing her dress in this picture. She likes thing just so.

Family picture


Do you think she liked her movie?




The annual picture with the basket. I find I have to do this, so I remember what they wear from one year to the next and what they get! Ben's favorite, Optimus Prime and Astro Boy.

Avery scored the new Barbie movie and the doll that goes with it.

And Cameryn finally got the Cinderella baby she has been asking for with the Princess and the Frog movie. Looks excited doesn't she.


Cousin Katie and Cameryn


Egg Hunt



Cousins Katie and Kylie with Avery, Cameryn and Ben. Egg hunt in the basement because it was snowing outside. Yes, snowing. Thankfully, only briefly.

Avery and Ben with cousin Logan. There are few boys in the family, so Ben really looks up to him. He is the one who introduced Ben to his love of Transformers.


Cousin Logan telling the kids an age appropriate bedtime story. After a day of Logan talking about the "Wolfman" movie with Dave, I was concerned. But, Logan did a great job! Thanks Logan for being so good to my kids. They look up to you and love you very much!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos Tami. You look amazing--love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete