Friday, March 5, 2010

Teresa Amy Akers Mitzel

My mother, born Teresa Amy Akers, August 17, 1956. Here she is with her twin brother, Tom.




My Mom with her sisters and Dad in 1982. Beth, Grandpa, Diane, and Teresa.



My family when I was a child.


Teresa, Tanya, Tammy and Tim. Josh loves to tease me about this. This picture was taken in 1984.



My mom outside our house in 1990.


My mom died March 5, 1991. She was a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and a friend to so many. Even though she is not physically here with me anymore, I feel her with me everyday. And, all six of her grandchildren know her as Grandma Teresa. They love to her stories about her. I cannot wait to they get old enough for the good ones! She influences every aspect of my life.

She is one of my miracles in life.



I love you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. This really touched my heart Tami...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 years ago..wow. You should be so proud of yourself (I am so very proud of you) for all that you have accomplished and who you have become since your mom died. Not an easy task, considering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love the pictures. I didn't know your mom was a twin. How special! This month is my dad's birthday, too. Glad Spring is in there air to remind me to live in the present and remember always the past.

    ReplyDelete