Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tooth




Today was the day, Benjamin's loose tooth came out during lunch. Very uneventful, one minute we are sitting around the table eating lunch and then Ben says, "Mom, look." And, he shows me an empty hole. I had to do a double take as the tooth has been hard to see as it was hanging out under his lip.

We couldn't find the tooth and I was sure that he had eaten it with his chicken. I was very excited for him, but disappointed at the same time that I won't be able to keep his first tooth! Thankfully, he didn't seem to mind at all that we lost it, he just sat there smiling! I was trying to hide my disappointment in not having the tooth, when I cleaned up the lunch dishes and there it was!! He ran right up to his room to safely put his tooth in his pillow. And, that is where is sits. Waiting for the tooth fairy. He told me before heading upstairs to quiet time, "Mom, I'm excited." That warms my heart.

1 comment: