Ben got in the car today after preschool and told me that he has a loose tooth, I really didn't believe it. We have talked about it before and we just went to the dentist yesterday so I figured it was wishful thinking. But, sure enough we got home and it is loose. I don't think that it will be coming out anytime soon, but sure enough a wiggly tooth!
And, I cannot believe how excited I am about this. I couldn't wait to call Josh, post it on facebook, etc, etc. 10 hours later, I am still just as excited for him. Why, I wonder? I really don't want to start the whole tooth fairy thing, the notes, glitter, money, etc. So, why am I so excited. Is it that when our babies are born they move through all the milestones so quickly, and then they slow down. When Ben turned 3 he potty trained really easy and then started preschool. Then....2 years of nothing, milestones that is. Then this summer, he learned to ride a bike and now loosing teeth!
The point to this post. Benjamin is growing up and I am very proud of who he is becoming. He is a very sweet little guy, shy, thoughtful of his sisters, goofy noise making, sensitive, transformer loving, loose tooth 5 and a half year old boy. And, I thank God for him daily.
What a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteThis was very touching Tami! Reminds me I need to stop obsessing about what milestone is coming next and be present for the here and now. Ben sounds like a sweetheart :)
ReplyDelete