Sunday, December 27, 2009

Genetics


Christmas Eve. I was setting up my camera on a tripod, playing with the timer settings and caught this picture of my sister standing in the frame. Totally candid moment, totally my mother! The way she is standing, holding the camera and "the look." I can hear my mom calling me, Tamer now! And 18 years later.... mannerisms must be genetic.

My mom passed away in March of 1991. So, to see this picture that is so totally my mom, warms my heart. Reminds me that she is still with us. I have felt her with me many times over the years and I love that I caught a moment on camera. You get used to life without your mom, but you never get over it, and it never gets easier.

Love you, Mom. Love you, Nonnie. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful, Tami! I'm sure your sister could find things in you that remind her of your mom too. Hope your kids are feeling better. Are you home yet?

    ReplyDelete