Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve photo session

Christmas Eve we all got dressed and ready to head into Des Moines for worship. My Dad and Josh had already taken a "test drive" onto the interstate to see how the roads were and we decided to go. In the time it took us all to change and get ready to go, take a few pictures and head out the door, the weather changed into solid ice. We could not make it the 20 miles into town for church, so what else to do, but take pictures, lots and lots of pictures.

Santa sent special emails to all of the kids, and boy oh boy were they excited! They all were taking bets as to whom was on the nice list and whom was on the naughty list. (Very funny to overhear them talking about this!) Thankfully, Santa said everyone was on the nice list! I just love the picture I got of my three kids watching Cameryn's email from Santa. You can see the look of pure joy on Avery's face, but Ben is very skeptical.

Then off to write the thank you letter to Santa, get his milk and cookies, and Cameryn's favorite part, making the reindeer food!

My family.

The Mitzel grandkids.

Benjamin, Cameryn and Avery in front of the tree.

My sister, Tanya and me.

Ella was telling Tanya and I to give each other a kiss...this is what happened to her!


The Mitzel Family, 2009.


Cameryn making reindeer food.


Avery writing her thank you to Santa.


Watching the Santa emails.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the family photos! I just got a tripod this Christmas, so I am looking forward to getting some of the same types of shots in the future :)

    ReplyDelete