Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Husker Harvest Days.

Ok, I so need to be careful about what I complain about! I remember about a month ago feeling so bad about our lives getting "boring." And, now, tonight is the first night since then that I have made the time to sit down and load pictures. And, I have so much to share I don't know where to start!

So, I am starting with today's events. Something that I have wanted to do for the past couple of years, but have been to lazy to do is take Ben to Husker Harvest Days. Most Nebraskans know all about this event, but for those of you that don't know, it literally is the largest tractor show in the world. I have grown up in Grand Island, where Husker Harvest Days is located, and have heard about my Dad working this show for the past 24 years. But, have never been. It's always just been an annual work week for him. No need for me to go right.

In an ongoing effort to try to be a good mom, I try to think of things to do that would be fun for the kids. I have thought about making the hour and half drive out to GI to go, but have always come up with excuses. But, I knew this was the year. The kids are only in MWF preschool, my Dad was going to be out at Husker Harvest Days on Tuesday, and this is the last year they could go due to being in elementary school next year. Off we went before 9a this morning, we made it to GI in good time and then we sat....on the Hwy. The traffic was insane. It took us almost an hour to go 5 miles! But, it was worth it. My Dad was kind enough to come meet us at the car and help us in. He showed us all around and gave us the VIP treatment. And, of course in true Grandparent form, ended the day with a toy for Ben and books for the girls from John Deere. Thank you Dad, Ben is sleeping with the new combine tonight!

Man, I am rambling tonight. After Husker Harvest Days, I took advantage of being in GI and stopped by a friends house. Kris O'Neill and I have been friends for so long I cannot even remember meeting her, she was just always there. As friends do, we lost touch in college and ran into each other a few years ago at a football game. I am very thankful for that day, as we now keep in contact. This was my first time at her home and meeting her two adorable little boys. The kids and I stopped by her house and all the kids played. I had a great time! Kris had pulled out an old scrapbook from when we were 11 years old. OMG, were there some interesting pictures! Thank you for the laughs Kris! Even though we have not stayed close all these years, it was like coming home to visit and see her. Kris, you are a true friend and will always have a very special place in my heart.

Thank you to my Dad and Kris for a wonderful day!
Cameryn loves to climb on and "drive."
Benjamin and Avery trying out the buddy seat on a new tractor.

This is my Dad with the kids sitting on one of the tanks that he manufactures and sells.



Tanya, we tried to get Dad to cave in and get this 4-wheeler for Cassie. Oh, well, better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment